What comes to your mind when the word “doors” come? The famous band that dominated the 60s or the simple yet highly effective mechanism from the 1st century? Let’s take a closer look at the later one for today. The earliest known automatic door dates back to the era of Roman Egypt and credits the Greek scholar Heron of Alexandria as the creator.
Over time, doors have changed several forms, but the crude purpose remains the same. It opens, and then it closes. Artists like to call it the entryways that separate us from a particular environment and welcomes us to the other one.
Whether we want to use it for commercial or residential purposes, every building needs both interior doors and exterior doors. People often neglect the fundamental knowledge, and we cannot blame them. It is just that the ordinary people see them as a part of the primary facility and only feel its importance when it is time for a door replacement service.
Let’s look at some key factors that might enlighten you on the similar yet interesting topics of exterior doors and interior doors. We will also treat you with some tips and advantages on door replacement.
Division according to the insulated Core
No matter the looks you see externally, the most-striking difference you can find on doors is the inside-material. With variation in purpose, each entry has a different insulation level. This difference ultimately leads to varying degrees of durability.
- Interior Doors: It might surprise you but, most of the interior doors have no insulation and are usually hollow inside. And no, I’m not talking about partial hollowness but empty. This is because they are not expected to withstand weather conditions. Instead, they have a whole different purpose. Interior ones work as the barrier between the rooms. These hollow-wooden doors serve as visual and mental barricades. Although it is rare, some entries include temperature and noise protective capabilities.
- Exterior Doors: These doors possess insulation qualities that help to control energy costs. Since the door connects you to the external world, it is made specifically for durability against different weather conditions. They have to withstand snow, rain, and UV rays. These qualities restrict their use as interior doors.
Believe it or not, the material difference plays a vital role in determining the durability and effectiveness of doors. This condition applies to both the interior and exterior ones. The material inside is deliberately different for functional contrast.
- Interior Doors: As discussed earlier, the interior doors are empty from inside. They often get manufactured with a single material the most common ones being wood and fiber. Unfortunately, they do not serve the purpose of soundproofing and weather-protection.
- Exterior Doors: When it comes to the topic of material choices, exterior doors have a wide range of options. A quick drive around your block and you can witness several types of doors enhancing the beauty of houses.
Some of the commonly used materials are wood, steel, and fiberglass. These are just dominating choices. However, the material choices and designs can drastically alter your pricing costs — the better the door, the better protection against wind and rain.
Now, this is a universal human characteristic. We tend to give special attention to visuals and often leave the interiors empty more like an interior door. Isn’t that ironic?
Well, the appearance of doors differs along with their positioning and functionality. Some even come with decorative panels. All these funnel down to taste and preferences at the end of the day but let us explore the topic a bit deeper, shall we?
- Interior Doors: An essential aspect of the visual attraction of a house is its exterior. You might have a drooling bungalow design, but if you install a door that does not suit the rest of the map then congratulations, you have just ruined your whole house aesthetics.
To avoid such complications, contact your nearest door replacement service and choose from the vast array of designs and styles they have to offer. As for the trend, glass interior doors and sliding doors have dominated the market. And it’s okay if you incline to the traditional style. They fulfill all your needs with intricate designs and unique styles.
- Exterior Doors: As for exterior doors, using large panels of frosted glass is usually found attractive. The topic of attractiveness is subjective, but who does not like a large external door that welcomes you with a lens that reflects your image?
Also, you might have noticed the restriction of the use of glass in interior doors. Except for some French-style doors, use of glass directly relates as a complimenting factor on exterior doors. These doors come with double and triple glazed options as per the user requirement.
When talking about the size, I also mean other factors like thickness and space.
- Interior Doors: The primary purpose of these doors is to provide a division between other partitions. Most of them are about 30” in width and are on the lighter side. They are usually known for taking less space which adds to the overall room dimension. The interior doors can be sliders or folding ones.
- Exterior Doors: The characteristics that define exterior doors are reliable, thick, and heavy for better insulation. They are usually 36” wide and have glazing features. Double or triple glazing means more protection. However, they need a specific area capacity to fulfill their functionality of opening and to shut. These doors require extra space and mostly gets based on the traditional hinged style.
Door Replacement Service
Doors and windows are the media of interaction with the outside world from your house. Asides from this everyday use, they help in several other factors of life if upgraded and appropriately maintained. Some of the beneficial elements of replacing your old doors this year are:
- Energy Efficiency: Quality doors can help in proper regulation of temperature and light inside the house. This natural facility means the minimization of gas and electricity consumption.
- Comfort: An insulated house makes you comfortable. You might not have noticed, but the doors in your home are the crucial factor in determining the comfort level you experience. Doors help in noise reduction and provide thermal comfort.
- Security: People tend to knock on the door before entering. The gesture means it is a kind of protection for your privacy and family. A sturdy and protective door adds a level to your home security. The next time you call your door replacement service, maybe loosen on your expense and get the perfect one.
Interior or exterior, doors are what make houses beautiful. Vaguely looking, there are no significant differences between them. Exterior doors act as the skeleton of the human body, which protects the innards with its strong and sturdy features. Interior doors are similar to the muscle part that supports the bones (in this case the exterior doors) and help in overall functionality and attractiveness. Rather than complicating your thoughts, consult these points with your